Friday, August 14, 2009

he's just not that into you


Yesterday I was watching the movie "he's just not that into you" for my second time , the story is about love basically throw many characters that deal with love in different ways even throw marriage, casual relations or deep relations with a lot of interlacing between the characters of the movie which are all connected one to another somehow , what I liked about the movie is the dialogue it's so entertaining, and the idea of presenting different stories about one subject also the décor is so creative. but I'm not writing to entertain you with the movie story I just wanted to share a thought with u that comes to my mind when I was watching the movie specifically when one of the movie stars "Drew Barrymore" was talking to her friend "Scarlett Johansson" about a relationship with a man that she didn't met before and here is the dialogue:
"I had this guy lived me a voice mail at work so I called him at home and then he e-mailed me in my blackberry and so I texted to his cell and then he e-mailed me to my home account ,and the whole thing just got out of control and I miss the days where you had one phone number and one answering machine and that one answering machine has one cassette tape and that one cassette tape either had a massage of the guy or he didn't , and now you had to go around and check all this different portals just to get rejected by seven different technologies, it's exhausting."
The funny thing about these lines that it represents our fact and matches our relations throw mobiles and social internet sites such as face book, twitter, yahoo and others .
Why We have all these accounts?, talking about myself, I had about ten accounts or maybe more, an account or two on yahoo one account on hotmail that I rarely log into, two accounts on face book (I don't know why) an account on twitter an account on Skype that I dumped about four years ago two accounts on hi5 and other accounts that I can't remember their passwords .
I think we are all doing the same spending hours and hours of our days navigating our internet accounts not to mention cell phones that some of us maybe have more than two lines and I don't know why? Do we really need all that?
Seems like that we gonna replace our real relations and friendships with online chat, some e-mails and comments, text massages and maybe some phone calls.
again I'm gonna quoting Drew Barrymore's words when she was talking to her friends she said "people don't meet each other organically anymore , you know if I would like to make myself seem more attractive to the opposite sex I won't go and get my hair cut I update my profile just that the way it is"
think that I need to update my profile as well, J

No comments: